|Manual of Style|
|Request for Deletion|
|Sysop & Bureaucrat|
- Please note this document is NOT a policy, they are merely guidelines. If the guidelines below restrict something that these guidelines weren't intended to restrict, the document should be updated
This is the policy on the use of userpages.
Criteria for deletion Edit
Unless your userpage is being shared from Community Central, if a new userpage falls under one of these criteria it will likely be deleted:
- Creating fan profiles
- Unrelated to the wiki in any way
- Doesn't relate to the user as an editor of the wiki
- Userpages are for editors to give information about themselves as editors on the wiki; ie: Past wiki editing experiences, what they do on the wiki, and preferred methods of contact. Personal userpages will be deleted: if you wish to talk about yourself as a person, use Facebook.
- Belongs to a user that has never contributed to the wiki.
- Simply commenting on talkpages is not considered contribution, unless you're seriously contributing to discussions on how to improve articles.
- One liners which don't state anything helpful or just state the obvious (this includes under construction pages).
- Is created as a blank page.
- A shared userpage intended to evade the policy outlined here.
Generally, the idea is try to actually contribute to the wiki for a while first, then after a while just add something short to detail who you are as an editor. A fair number of our best editors don't even have userpages, most of the userpages created here by new users just feature abuse.
Please note that the above does not apply to users who have a userpage being shared from the Community Central wiki.